Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week in review

But first here's some pictures from a few weeks ago
Jackson and Gavin--Gavin 1 week old...







I have been horrible about blogging. I thought that it would be easy to blog while Jackson takes his afternoon nap. The key is getting Jackson down for his afternoon nap. I have never been a naptaker and I think that it must be hereditary--my mom doesn't take naps, my dad doesn't take naps, and Jackson does not take naps. On Monday Jackson is starting a preschool that is Monday/Wednesday 9am-12pm and we have been attending storytime at the library 10:30-11:30 Tues/Thurs and he's about to start gymnastics on Friday 10:30-11:30 so I'm hoping with all of this planned he'll be ready for a nap around 12:30 everyday. I'll keep you posted on how that's working out.

This has been a busy week. Last Monday (MLK Day) Matt took Jackson to the driving range for the first time. Jackson loved it. (That afternoon he did take a nap--he was worn out.) Jackson has his own set of clubs and Matt said that he did great. I sent him with the camera, but I think that there might have been sunscreen on the lens because the pictures are a little blurry--maybe that is the aura of the next big thing in golf. :) Move over Tiger Woods.






On Sunday my dad and step-mom, Cyndi came to visit and stayed through Friday. We had a great time with them watching reruns of their favorite show House, catching up, and eating, eating and more eating. On Monday afternoon Matt watched the boys and my dad and Cyndi took me to the movies to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was a good movie and it was good to get out of the house, too. (Especially the last hour when Brad Pitt was getting younger and hotter.) On Sunday night we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday (actually December 27th) with pizza, cake, and gifts.




Monday evening we also had our friends Russell and Mimi and their 3 beautiful girls, Adyson, Macie, and Kylie come for dinner and had a great time. I really have to get better at taking pictures for my blog. But I did get one of Mimi, Jackson, and Gavin. (Jackson has to sit in the high chair when we have guests because we are limited on chairs and space--but in the last few weeks we've had lots of guests and we don't even have to tell him he just goes and sits in it.)


Jackson is still attending his computer class at his old school on Thursday afternoons (it's an extra thing that his school offers and he had been attending since September and we chose to keep him in) so we went and visited his old friends in his old class before Ms. Kristin picked up the computer kids and Jackson got to show off his baby brother. As they all started coming around Jackson's face got really serious and he said, "But don't touch him." Jackson is really protective of Gavin and Gavin's lucky to have such a great big brother.



Gavin is now 1 month old. I can't believe it!! This has been the fastest 4 weeks of my life so far. Here are some updated shots of our little guy. We had a little photo shoot today. (Technically he is 1 month 2 days :)







As I have been writing Matt was able to accomplish the task and just called me in to see this adorable sleeping pose. Check out the kool-aid mustache. :)

3 comments:

  1. Gavin is such a tiny little thing. Love his blonde hair. Love Jackson's sleeping pose, he's such a cute boy. Hope nap time starts to come easier. You weeks sound like they are about to get very busy. Good luck with that. Love the golfing pics of Jackson. Can't believe this is his first time out with Matt. I'm sure it's the first of many. I can't wait to see all of you in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev,
    Your blog is wonderful! My grandsons are the cutest ever! I hope our little "golfer" enjoys his first day at his new school tomorrow. Hugs and kisses for my little guys!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beverly,

    Gavin and Jackson seem already to be best buds. Love the pictures and hope to see you all soon.

    Love,
    JENNY WATKINS

    ReplyDelete