











My Jackson, aka my Lovebug, turned 4 years old on Saturday! We had an awesome time at Jackson's McDonald's birthday party with a big turnout of about 14 or 15 kids. We had my friend Ashley, who does facepainting on the side, come and paint the kids...and a few adults. :) I met her about 2 months before Jackson's 2nd birthday in one of my classes and she said that she wanted to come and do face painting at his 2nd birthday and has now done it at his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. She and I have become such great friends over the last few years in school and she will be starting her first teaching job in the fall--yay!!! Jackson's friends seemed to really enjoy the party and we did too. I'm so glad that he is still so close to his old friends from school, since he'll be going back there in the fall.
Jackson is such an amazing kid and I am so proud to be his mom. The things that can drive me crazy on a daily basis are the qualities that could very well make him a huge success in the future--his determination to do his own thing, his overwhelming energy, the way he doesn't take "no" for an answer, his expert negotiating skills, and his fearless attitude. Jackson is so smart. He is a born leader. He can make friends so easily in any situation. I don't have to worry about him, because he will walk into any new situation with confidence. He knows who he is and he knows what he wants. I've overheard Jackson with his friends and it is so amazing to me that Jackson can say no to his friends if he doesn't agree with something and stand up for what he believes in. What an amazing quality to have and I hope that I never have to worry about him being a "follower". I overheard a friend of Jackson's say to him, "Why are you wearing that shirt, and he responded, "Because I like it. And because my mom gave it to me to wear." I think it's great that he can stand up and speak for himself and with such confidence. I'm looking forward to an amazing life for him.
I love you so much, Jackson!!!
Jackson's Q&A
Age 4
July 28, 2009
1. What's your favorite color?
Orange and red
2. What's your favorite song?
ABC's and 123's, Thank you God for feeding me, Amen
3. What's your favorite number
70
4. Who is your best friend?
Cole
5. What's your favorite thing to do?
Play
6. What's your best feature?
My smile
7. What's your best day ever?
Saturday, at my birthday party
8. What's your favorite tv show?
The Backyardigans and Super Why
9. What's your favorite store?
HEB, because I like to get suckers
10. What's the best place you've ever gone?
Sonic, because I like their drinks and their food.
11. What's your favorite book?
My dinosaur book
12. What's your favorite game?
Tiger Woods (Playstation)
13. What's your favorite letter
"J"
14. What's your favorite movie?
Elmo
15. What's your favorite thing to do in the summer?
Go to the beach
16. What's your favorite toy?
My rocket
17. What's your favorite dessert?
Chocolate ice cream
18. What's your favorite thing about dad? When he plays with me








No comments:
Post a Comment