Yesterday at church our pastor led us in a commitment to read our Bible at least 5 minutes per day...for the rest of our lives. He gave a great analogy for life applications of the Bible. He said that when we fill up our gas tanks we don't map out how we are going to use every gallon that week, but we know that our gas will get us to where we need to go. Just like when we read our Bible everyday, we are fueling ourselves to be prepared in any situation. I wanted to document our commitment so that I can hold myself accountable. Matt got a head start on me. He's been reading The Power of Positive Thinking, which encourages reading the Bible daily, so he's read the book of Matthew in the last couple of weeks. Today he purchased a study Bible, so we'll be able to read it and go over it together daily.
Ro Ro left to go back to New Orleans this morning. I am so glad that we got to spend time with her. I always look forward to seeing her. She is always so positive and is such an inspiration. She will be 78 in July and she is so active with a very sharp mind. I hope that I can be as fabulous as her at that age. Okay, I wish I could be as fabulous as her right now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Love the 5 minute a day Bible read. Read with the kids, they will learn so much. Can't wait to see you on Thursday. The girls were super excited when I told them about the Zoo.
ReplyDelete