Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My children will never know life without....

It's so funny how I take for granted all of our modern technology...until I hear Jackson say something like, "Mom, I recorded it, so I can watch it later." Over the last few days I've realized that my kids will never know life without our modern conveniences with these conversations:

Jackson: Mom, I want to play on the computer. Can you put it on "dot com"?
Mam-maw: Jackson, when your mom was your age they didn't even have the internet.
Me: Are you kidding, Mom? When I was in high school we didn't even have the internet.

(My dad has been in the hospital for the last few days and I had been communicating with him via my step-mom. When she went back to work on Monday, Jackson and I had this conversation over breakfast)

Me: I want to call Grandpa George, but I don't have a way to get a hold of him.
Jackson: Why? He doesn't have his phone with him?
Me: No, Grandma Cyndi is bringing it to him tonight.

Here's a conversation that we had while watching tv:
Jackson: Mom, will you rewind it?
Me: Jackson, when I was your age we couldn't rewind the tv, if we missed it we missed it, we couldn't fast forward through the commercials, and if we had to eat dinner we couldn't pause it.


I guess that's our generation's "When I was your age I used to have to walk to school uphill both ways in the snow."


American Idol Predictions....
WOW, Kris impressed last night. Loved his Garth Brooks song. He's a cutie. Matt joked, "He just needs to lose the wedding ring." Simon said last week that he shouldn't have brought up his wife so early in the competition since he's a heart throb. :) I think it's sweet, of course. I'm sorry to say that I think Scott might be going home. I know that he probably does work harder than any of the other contestants, especially with his visual impairment, but Simon was right his performances are so similar to each other. Mixed reviews at our casa for Adam Lambert. I was a little freaked out, but Matt said that he liked it. I liked his voice as usual, but the arrangement and his face in the fire behind him as he performed....huh??? Can't wait to find out tonight who's going home.By the way, Jackson doesn't really watch the show so much, but his favorites since the beginning are Kris and Allison. He may be right on for the two it comes down to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment