Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Go Fly a Kite...


Yesterday was the perfect day to fly a kite. It was about 75 degrees and super windy. After Matt got home from work, the 4 of us went to the park across the street and flew the Spiderman kite that my mom gave Jackson for Valentine's Day. Jackson did great and he loved it. We all flew the kite, even Gavin. I had Gavin strapped to me with the Snugli carrier and Matt helped Gavin to hold the kite and then Matt let go and we all laughed. Gavin was flying the kite all by himself and it was way up in the sky. It was so cute.









Happy 1st Birthday, Gabriela!!!

On Sunday we went to Thelma's dad's restaurant to celebrate Gabi's 1st birthday. Matt said to me, "Isn't it crazy to see this place now and everywhere you look there's kids, when just a few years ago we were here partying. We're getting old." I thought about how many great memories that I've had in those four walls. When Thelma and I became friends 10 years ago we would stop by sometimes on our way out to have a couple of drinks or on the way home from going out to scarf down some of her dad's amazing rice. Their engagement party was there, which was also when I first introduced them to Matt. Several years ago, Robert and Thelma used to book the best 80's cover band, The Grays, to play and we were always there. We spent Halloween there when Matt and I went as Britney Spears and Kevin Federline. I went there with an old classmate when my 10 year class reunion turned out to be pretty lame. And best of all for the last 3 and 1/2 years we have made memories there by celebrating Baby Showers, Baptisms, and Birthdays and I'm looking forward to lots more...

















1 comment:

  1. I loved the "kite" pictures, but you know how partial I am to kites. That was neat that even Gavin got to fly the kite. I think I'm actually posting under Gabi's birthday party pictures. It looks like the kids had a lot of fun at the party. Wow! It's hard to believe you and Thelma have been friends for 10 years. . .the older you get the faster they fly, or so they say.

    ReplyDelete