
Yesterday we got together with my best friend Jill, who is visiting this week with her 3 beautiful girls during their Spring Break. Jill has been my best friend since we were in 5th grade and we have kept close for all of these years. It's so nice that our families are so close too and I love to hang out at her parents house with her family, it's like a second home to me. Jill, her 3 girls, and her sister Jenny joined Jackson, and Gavin, and I for a fun day at the zoo. We had a great time and then went back over to their house for pizza and Wii. Well, Wii for the kids, Jill and I sat on the couch most of the night. Kenzie and Madi are so good with Jackson and he really looks up to them. Kenzie was his buddy the whole time at the zoo and Madi played Wii golf with him. And Jackson was so sweet to share his animal crackers at the zoo with Molly. Jackson also loves to spend time with Harley. I was telling Joy last night that it's so hard to believe that they're almost 4, because it seems like just yesterday they were babies. Jackson was born when Harley was 3 months old and the first time that they hung out was about a week after he was born. They are so cute together. I wish I would have taken pictures of them together playing Wii, but like I said, we were on the couch--exhausted from the zoo.
Over pizza Jill asked Jackson, "What is your favorite animal, Jackson?"
And Jackson responded, "My favorite animal is the Okapi. I like the Okapi because it's half a giraffe and half a zebra."
I told them that someone asked me the other day, "How do you get him to talk in complete sentences like that?" I'm really not sure. My mom suggested that it may be the way that we communicate with him. I hope that he keeps it up, although I can imagine as a teenager he may revert back to 2 year old talk--one word answers. (I hope not!!) I love to hear him talk. It's so adorable. He sounds like a little adult.











Jill and I were so impressed the way that Jackson figured out how to pick the games he wanted to play without any help since we don't have a Wii and he's only played a handful of times. At one point when he was playing tennis Jill and I laughed because Jackson was making all 4 of the players "Jackson". It's so funny how easy it is for kids to pick up on how these things work.








No comments:
Post a Comment