

We have been blessed with some great weather days lately. Last week it was 90 degrees and hard to believe it was February!! I love it when it's in the 70s and 80s. It's perfect for going to the zoo. Since we bought our zoo membership we have been going once a week. This last Tuesday there was something going on because all of the animals were being sooooo lovey-dovey. It was so cute. I love seeing the animals often and seeing that they all have such different personalities. My favorite to watch are the monkeys. They are so funny. Jackson says his favorite is, "All of them." :)






For clarification that joey is trying to crawl into it's mom's pouch. I think that it was a little too big, but it was really trying. :)
Gavin at the zoo.
Last weekend we enjoyed a visit from Janice, or as she's known by the grandchildren "Jancie". She brought Jackson a fun giant activity pad and was so patient to help him through mazes and all kinds of activities. We were able to catch up and have a fun visit.

Yesterday Jackson, Gavin, and I joined our friends Thelma, Natalia, and Gabriela at a new place called "Mini Town". It's so cute. It has a mini HEB, a mini IBC, mini dance club, mini movie theater, a mini house, and a mini school, plus a playground and bouncy castle in the back. We were there for almost 3 hours. The best part is we were the only ones there. Well, good for us, bad for their business. But it was the Friday afternoon before Spring Break and they just opened recently. Jackson's favorite thing was the Video Arcade. They had 6 video games--like Ms. Pacman, a western shootout game, a racing game--the kind with the steering wheel and pedals (his favorite) and a few others All of these games of course required a quarter or 2 quarters to play. Jackson didn't know that. He played all of the games and thought he was really playing. He would stay in the arcade forever and I would go in and check on him and he was so serious about playing. He said, "Mom, watch this...I'm gonna be the winner." I asked, "Oh...which car are you?" He said, "The red one......no...I'm all of them." It was so funny to watch him think he was really playing. I know that the day will come when he'll realize that it requires money, but for now I'll keep my quarters.






Gavin at Mini Town.








No comments:
Post a Comment